Many of us carry past bad experiences with us, or so much hurt that we become discouraged and we can even feel as if we have a dark cloud looming over us, about to burst into a downpour at any moment.
Presenting . . . the Future.
Is it possible that we are creating the storm cloud, and that we can bring the sun whenever we decide to?
“You’re always free to change your mind and choose a different future.”
- If you aren’t where you want to be, why is that?
- What are you thinking in regards to your happiness, or your success, in relationships or in business?
- Can you create the life you’ve imagined?
Well of course you can and you deserve to. So what is stopping you? Well it just might be you. Let’s look at some things that may be holding you back.
NUMBER ONE: You can’t.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
There’s a very small difference between can and can’t, just one letter: The letter T, yet it has a tremendous impact on your success. The main thing you should notice is that we have to add the “t” in order to make it impossible to get what we want. Isn’t it time that we deleted the “t”?
Remember the old story about the train?
“I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.”
This tells us that at a very young age, we’re taught to think that we can, so what happened?
As I stated earlier, somewhere along the way, we became discouraged, maybe we failed a few times, maybe we were put down by others who said we can’t do certain things; parents who might not realize it, friends, relatives or other people we encounter throughout our lives. Coincidentally, they’re usually the people who haven’t accomplished what they want, so it’s understandable that it may be difficult for them to encourage you.
Are you learning from the mediocre majority or the masterful minority?
~The Encore Effect
How about this instant you decide exactly what you want to accomplish, plan the steps necessary to achieve it and get started? Stop waiting for your ship to come in.
“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
NUMBER TWO: It will take _____ years to accomplish.
News Flash: The years are going to pass by anyway, you may as well spend it investing in doing what you want to do.
NUMBER THREE: You have limitations.
- Bill Porter was born with cerebral palsy, yet became the top salesman for Watkins Inc.
- Jim Abbot became a professional baseball player in spite of the fact that he was born missing one hand.
- Have you ever heard of Helen Keller?
“Anything the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
NUMBER FOUR: You’re too old.
- Olympic athlete Hiroshi Hoketsu returned to Olympic competition after 44 years at 67 years old.
- At the age of 101, “Buster” Martin started training to become the oldest person to complete a marathon.
- My very own Mother became a nurse at 50 years old, while working and raising a family.
If they all did it, so CAN you!
“It’s never too late to be who you may have been.”
NUMBER FIVE: You don’t have the time.
I hear people say this all the time and it sounds like a legitimate reason for not succeeding, however, the truth is more likely that you don’t MAKE the time. We all have the same 24 hours to utilize, don’t we? It comes down to how you USE your time.
“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.”
~ William Penn
The Choice is Yours
- Are you making excuses or progress?
- Would you rather live a life or leave a legacy?
- Can you change your thoughts and change your life?
Go for it, light that fire, recreate those thoughts and live the life you’ve imagined!
“As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.”
Rock Star Life Coach & Sales Trainer